To kick off the launch of his new website TIZOFFICIAL.COM, North Carolina emcee TiZ gives us the first visual offering from his latest mixtape “Pre Leap Of Faith” Enjoy!
A black teen was fatally shot by an officer on Tuesday night just two miles from Ferguson, Mo., police said.
Antonio Martin, 18, was shot at a Mobil gas station in Berkeley, Mo., the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. The alleged victim’s mother, Toni Martin, spoke to The Dispatch and confirmed that her son had been shot by police.
It was originally reported that the shooting occurred early Wednesday. However, according to The Associated Press, the incident actually took place late Tuesday:
County police spokesman Sgt. Brian Schellman says a Berkeley police officer was conducting a routine business check at a gas station around 11:15 p.m. Tuesday when he saw two men and approached them.
Schellman says one of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man. Schellman says that the second person fled and that the deceased man’s handgun has been recovered.
The Berkeley Police Department requested that St. Louis County Police Department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit handle the investigation, The St. Louis County Police Department noted on its Facebook page.
“At this time, we cannot confirm the identity of the deceased subject. The investigation is on-going and further details will be provided as the investigation proceeds,” the Facebook notice said.
The hashtag #AntonioMartin is trending on social media. Those at the scene, along with The Dispatch, report approximately 60 to 100 people gathered around the gas station where the shooting took place.
Livestreams at the scene show residents verbally clashing with police. A woman identified as Martin’s mother could be heard sobbing “That’s my baby!” on the feed.
Though there are still six more months to go, 2015 is already shaping up to be an interesting year in music. Adele has just revealed that she’s planning to make a major return to the music circuit. The award-winning singer-songwriter has announced the follow-up to her critically-acclaimed and record-breaking album 21. The piece will be called 25 and will be supported by a tour. The news were shared through following tweet by the World Music Awards account:
— World Music Awards (@WORLDMUSICAWARD) July 15, 2014
Back in January, Jack Thriller broke the news that Eminem was working on a new reality show centered around battle rap. Today, we found out Em had something much bigger in store. In association with Shady Films and WatchLOUD, Eminem has announced Total Slaughter I, the debut live event for his new battle league. The event, which will take place on July 12 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, is highlighted by a showdown between Joe Budden and Hollow The Don, as well as rematch of a classic battle between Murda Mook and Loaded Lux. Building up to the event, Total Slaughter will be airing a reality series, set to feature appearances from all four members of Slaughterhouse, in which a group of eight emcees will compete to earn a slot in one of the event’s undercard battles. While many may believe the days of battle rap are behind us, Paul Rosenberg points out that the UFC was able to help resurrect the popularity of MMA in a very similar way. Watch the official trailer above, and read quotes from Eminem and Rosenberg on Total Slaughter below.
Eminem on Total Slaughter:
“I’m a passionate battle fan, so this is something I’ve always thought about doing,” adds Eminem, whose Shady Films is co-producing the event. “I came up battling at the same time I was making records and learning my way around the studio. It’s a little bit different in terms of the kinds of tools you need, but the competitiveness is the same. The times I didn’t win gave me just as much light in the past as when I did. It’s all about your performance.”
Peter Rosenberg on Total Slaughter:
“What we look at this opportunity as, is a way to do for battle rapping what UFC did for MMA, that’s really the model we’re basing it on. It’s this great thing that a lot of people love, but it’s very splintered, and it’s very niche, and it’s not really brought into the right production levels that it can or should be.”
Greek Cypriot industrialist and art collector Dakis Joannou recently commissioned Jeff Koons and Italian yacht designer Ivana Porfiri to design him a mega yacht. A floating piece of art, “Guilty” measures in at 115-feet long and ranks as Koons’ largest project to date. Inspired by British naval camouflage from World War I, the yachts exterior features bold geometric designs that include alternating yellow rhombuses, pink triangles and blue polygons.
The yacht’s interior walls and ceilings are all white, with extremely large windows to maximize natural lighting. Highlighting the space, a central staircase turns from pinkish violet to galactic blue and finally warm yellow. The main cabin encompasses the top deck, with 180-degree views and the word “Feelings” hanging in neon lights above the bed, the master bedroom also has a private terrace. The four guest cabins feature “museum-worthy” works, while the living room is decorated with Italian Radical Design furniture.
TufAmerica, Inc. has just filed a lawsuit against Jay Z and Roc Nation in New York federal court for his sampling of 1969′s “Hook and Sling,” by Eddie Bo produced by Al Scramuzza, for Hov’s 2009 mega-hit “Run This Town.” So according to the suit “TufAmerica did not authorize the defendants’ reproduction, distribution or public performance of the audio recording ‘Run This Town’ in a music video or in the albums” reports the NY POST. The suit is also seeking a court order to block “any further distribution or exploitation” of the song “Run This Town.”